Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Most Enjoyable Water Sports



You wanna know what I love about summer? Well, aside from vacation, i love the to sun-bathing, i love the beach, i love the white sand, i love the water and sports that will make me wet! Oh, I know what you're thinking about. I'm not talking about being wet down here. What I meant is, being literally wet by splashes of sea water.


I'm pretty much around on the beach every summer. So, I've already tried ALMOST all of watersports there is to try. Wanna know what the most enjoyable water sports are? Here, I've listed some of what i tried. You could try it yourself and judge from there.


1.Swimming - Everybody knows what swimming is like but not everybody knows how to swim well. There are different types of  styles.

Swimming Strokes:




  • Backstroke
  • Breaststroke
  • Butterfly Stroke
  • Freestyle
  • Dog Paddle
  • Flutter Kick
  • Side Stroke




2.Snorkeling - Derived form the word "snorkel". Snorkel is the diving mask used when snorkeling that comes along with a floating vest, and (sometimes) with swimfins. Snorkeling is an oppotunity to observe underwater life if you're not or you're scared to try scuba diving. It's a nice activity to see the sea corals and school of fishes.

   


3.Scuba Diving - The word "SCUBA" is actually the acronym of Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus. Scuba diving is a form of underwater diving, where you need a scuba set, to be able to breathe under water. It's a bit similar to snorkeling, however, for scuba diving, scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas. And scuba divers, could swim through really steep places, unlike in snorkeling, snorkelers cannot swim through very deep parts of the sea. Scuba Diving is fun, for beginners try it in a shark's nest. Kidding!


Types of Diving:



  • Recreational Diving
  • Cave Diving
  • Wreck Diving
  • Ice Diving
  • Deep Diving
  • Professional Diving



4.Surf Boarding/Surfing - This sport requires the surfer to ride a surfboard on the crest and face of  a wave. This one's very tricky (well, for me). It took me a very long time before I fully learned to ride a wave. READ: DANGEROUS. So don't just grab a surfboard. Ask some help or hire someone to teach you.




5.Boating - I just tried boating once called Kayaking, and I definitely wanna do it again. Boating is an activity where you will travel using a boat (of course, nobody did boating yet that used an airplane, is there?). 






6.Kayaking - Kayaking or canoeing is a form of paddling-boating activity. It is the use of a kayak to move across water. I tried doing kayaking once with my buddies. We took our kayak down a rapid water. And man! It's crazy. Needs a lot of discipline (and strength).
 

7.Jet Skiing - A jet ski is a water scooter where you can stand and sit. Jet skis have an inboard engine driven pump jet that has an impeller to create thrust for steering and propulsion. Jet Skiing is my favorite water sport. It's really easy and fun to use!

  


For beginners, try these water sports first. I guarantee you that it's a lot fun and these are the most enjoyable water sports I've tried. For couch potatoes, why not leave your sofa or bed for a while and try these sports? Who knows, you might excel in one of these sports. I don't know if Skinny Dipping is a water sport, but some of my friends claim that they have tried it and they say it is FUN!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment